Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Canning, A Lost Art: Devilish Egg Salad Sandwich

Well I've been having fun eating all of my canned food! I hope you've been enjoying the posts about food storage and the recipes that go along with it! I sure have enjoyed writing them all down. It sure feels good to be self sufficient in your own home. My dill pickles turned out AMAZING! Crisp, salty, deliciously tangy all in jars in my basement whenever I want them. Yes!





Devilish Egg Salad Sandwich

Well what's better to go with dill pickles then an egg salad sandwich! One of my classic lunches when I was a kid. I called and asked my Mom what recipe she used to make for us and she said "oh maybe some mayo, salt, pepper? I don't know..." So I'm thinking crap! What am I going to do! I really need an egg salad sandwich recipe. I looked at other recipes and wow they did not look appeasing at all. I don't want bland I want flavorful!

After thinking about it for a while I realized that I really like my mom's deviled eggs they're so flavorful and tangy. Well why not make it into an egg salad sandwich? I mean, hello why didn't I think of this earlier! So seriously, this is the most amazing egg salad sandwich you will ever eat and the crunchy dill pickle along side it is the most perfect touch.



Ingredients
4 servings

6 eggs
1/2 cup miracle whip
3 tsp. mustard
2 tsp sweet pickle juice*
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Paprika
Dill Pickles
Bread

*I don't like sweet pickles but I LOVE using sweet pickle juice in cooking. So just buy some sweet pickles at the store and use the juice that the pickles are in. This adds such a great flavor you won't regret it!


  1. Steam your eggs until cooked through then soak in cold water. 
  2. After eggs are cool peel off shells and put in a bowl.
  3. Cut eggs up with a knife and then mush a bit more with a fork until chunky but not smooth.
  4. Add miracle whip, mustard, sweet pickle juice, salt, pepper and paprika and mix together.
  5. Spread mixture on bread and serve with your fresh canned pickles! Enjoy!

So seriously how good does that look, I'm all the sudden craving seconds. Thanks for stopping by and if you enjoy my blog feel free to share, pin, tweet or ya know all that other stuff ;) Happy canning!

No comments:

Post a Comment